I have not been able to devote as much time as I would like to this blog for a few main reasons.
- I have been busy trying to further my educational/career opportunities.
- I came home from volunteering abroad convinced that I was not going to go back to my retail job. The last thing I wanted was to come home from an amazing adventure that made life exciting and go straight into a soul-sucking position where I had to deal with angry customers all the time.
- I also have been rethinking my life goals. I would love to have a position that would allow me to travel, either I get to travel directly through my job or my job gives me enough time off to travel regularly.
- I have been filling out job applications non stop in addition to researching masters/ post-bachelor degrees.
- In conclusion: I have no fucking idea of what I want to do with my life.
- I have had a lack of creative ideas.
- Now, this is my own personal blog so I could write about whatever I want to. However, the intention I had with this was to find a way to share my love of adventure and travel with my love of nerdy things – video games mostly.
- I have done plenty of outdoor activities lately, but I don’t think anyone wants to read multiple blog posts about how I pretend that I’m in Lord of the Rings while hiking.
- I could do a post about how climbing in video games gave me unrealistic expectations for climbing in real life. Nathan Drake makes it look so easy.
- I have not been playing as many new games recently. I’ve replayed The Witcher III most recently and I played Horizon: Zero Dawn. I am not sure how to connect those experiences to my active life.
- I guess I could talk about I actually enjoyed going to Colorado Springs in Horizon Zero Dawn because the entire terrible city was a ruin.
- To be honest, I am trying to focus on other parts of my life before I focus on this blog.
- I know I only have like, ten followers, but I appreciate all of you.